Yes, Lord! My life is in YOUR hands.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Father, a couple of chapters back, You had Paul write, “Follow my example as I follow the example of Christ” (11:1 NIV). If this chapter (13) were a tangible inventory list that You used to examine my life daily, how many days would there be so few check marks to count?!
Inside me is a desire to love like You do, yet my humanity can so often push its way forward to cut in line and be what gets noticed or conveyed. Still, Father, keep on working on my heart and mind so that this list could one day be a resume of my life in You (derived from the Amplified Bible):
- Loves with endurance, patience and kindness
- Loves without ever being envious or boiling over with jealousy
- Loves without boasting, vainglory, or displaying herself haughtily
- Loves without conceit, arrogance or being inflated with pride
- Loves without being rude, unmannerly, or acting unbecomingly
- Loves without insisting on her own rights or her own way, not self-seeking.
- Loves without being touchy, fretful, or resentful
- Loves without taking account of the evil done to her, paying no attention to a suffered wrong (Prov 19:11)
- Loves without rejoicing at injustice and unrighteousness
- Loves by rejoicing when right and truth prevail
- Loves by bearing up under anything and everything that comes.
- Loves by being ever ready to believe the best of every person
- Loves with hopes that are fadeless under all circumstances
- Loves by enduring everything without weakening
“And so faith, hope, love abide
[faith–conviction and belief respecting man’s relation to God and divine things;
hope–joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation;
love–true affection for God and man, growing out of God’s love for and in us],
these three; but the greatest of these is love” (13:13 AMP)
Here I stand before You, Lord, fully admitting that I am nothing without You, that I cannot love anyone fully without You infusing me with YOUR love. Here I am, fill me up. Keep making me just like Jesus. Amen.