Jesus, be the Lord over ALL my life.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Thank You, Father, that I may call You “Father.” Though my heritage is not one that came from the line of people You originally chose to be “Your people,” YOU have made a way for me to be Yours.
Without Your act of mercy, where would I be? You vividly describe my former state: separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship, “foreigner to the covenants of promise, without hope, and without God in the world.” Thank You for not leaving me that way.
“But now in Christ Jesus, you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ. For He Himself is our peace …for through Him we both have access to the Father by one spirit.” (v 13-14)
In Jesus, You opened the door. By His death and resurrection, You invited me to step through that doorway to enjoy fellowship with You! Thank You! Thank You, Daddy!
Thanks for the view through this passage of Your activity in the lives of Your people. Here I can see the steps You took:
(1) “DESTROYED THE BARRIER, the dividing wall of hostility, by ABOLISHING in Your flesh THE LAW …” (v 14-15)
(2) CREATED in Yourself “ONE NEW MAN OUT OF TWO” — bringing the foreigner like me, together with the chosen ones, and making us both Your people, Your chosen ones. (v 15)
(3) RECONCILED BOTH TO YOU, FATHER, THROUGH THE CROSS, by which Jesus “put to death our hostility.” (v 16)
(4) PROVIDED ACCESS TO YOU, FATHER, through Jesus by one Spirit (v 18) Thank You for the freedom to run to You, leap into Your arms and be held, nestled and loved!
(5) GRANTED CITIZENSHIP WITH YOUR PEOPLE & MEMBERS OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD … no longer a foreigner and alien. (v 20)
(6) INCLUDED IN THE CONSTRUCTION OF YOUR DWELLING PLACE (v 20-22)
“…the apostles and prophets the foundation”
“…Christ Jesus as the cornerstone”
In Jesus, “the whole building is joined together.”
In Jesus, the whole building “rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.”
In Jesus, I am being built together with others to become a dwelling in which You live by Your Spirit.
The barrier destroyed, differences melded, hostility reconciled, peace embraced, access supplied, citizenship granted, and me inhabited … all by You, Lord! It ALL goes back to You! You are my everything! Consume me, Father. You are holy — may I be wholly Yours. Make me just like Jesus. Amen.