Yes, Lord! My life is in YOUR hands.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
“…Christ DIED for our sins according to the Scriptures,…
He was BURIED…
He was RAISED on the third day according to the Scriptures,…
He APPEARED to [several followers].” (v 3-8 NIV)
Thank You, Father, for conveying this message of hope (assurance) and mercy and freedom. This path Jesus took was His path of victory over sin and death, as He won that battle for me! Thank You so much, Jesus!
- Your death stripped away my sin.
- Your burial put aside my old self.
- Your resurrection birthed my new self.
- Your appearing modeled the witnessing You call me to.
- Your ascension sets the stage for Your return to take me Home.
“…by the grace of God I am what I am…yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.” (v 10 NIV)
Thank You for Your grace toward me, Father. Were it not for grace, I shudder to think of where or what I’d be.
You saw me before I was even born, and by Your grace, You chose then to love me.
You saw me in my sin, and by Your grace, You chose to forgive me.
You see me in my frail humanity, and by Your grace, You choose to transform me.
It’s by Your grace alone, Lord, that I am who I am, and that I am becoming who I will be, as You keep making me just like Jesus. Amen.