Jesus, be the Lord over ALL my life.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
You have seen who I was, Father, and You didn’t leave me alone.
- I WAS dead in my sins and disobedience (v 1).
- I USED TO live in those sins, USED TO follow “the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air” (v 2).
- I LIVED among those who are disobedient, “gratifying the cravings of my sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts” (v 3).
- I WAS by nature an object of Your wrath.
Because of YOUR GREAT LOVE for me, and because You are rich in mercy,
YOU MADE ME ALIVE WITH CHRIST!
…even when I was dead in my sin–it’s by Your grace that I’ve been saved.
YOU RAISED ME UP WITH CHRIST!
YOU SEATED ME WITH CHRIST in the heavenly realms!
SO THAT — “in the coming ages You might show the incomparable riches of Your grace, expressed in Your kindness to me in Christ Jesus” for it’s by grace that I’m saved, through faith.
I am Your workmanship … molded by Your hands, crafted by Your fingers, loved by Your heart … filled with Who You are. You have prepared me to do good works in Your kingdom here. You prepare me for what You have prepared for me. May I serve You with loyalty and fervor as You keep making me just like Jesus. Amen.